I'm in Bamyan and it is absolutely fabulous!!!
We spent the day around the hotel (my room overlooks where the Buddhas use to be). Very exciting stuff! Our hotel is wonderful; my room is furnished with beautiful Afghan furniture, I have a heater keeping me warm and running water, which I was initially quite worried about! Couldn't be more comfy! The hotel is called the Silk Route and is owned by a Japanese-Afghan women. The hotel is a cross between the two cultures - we had Japanese food for dinner!
I only have power for another 10 minutes so will write more tomorrow :) We are spending the whole day at the hospital. I met with the Head of the Hospital for dinner this evening and it seems like it will be an interesting experience. I'm expecting it to be an emotional day from the way he was talking about his patients and the community which the hospital serves.
Anyways, more later.....
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Farah,
Glad to see you blogging again. Sounds like you're having a great time too. The girls send their regards from Turkey!!
Post a Comment